Skip to main content

Week 2 Story: Fate of Temptation

Female silhouette by As Novo



A long, long time ago in a world where supernaturals and humans lived among each other. Goblins, witches and fairly ruled the lands with goblins being the most vicious of them all.
Ceylon was a large city where the humans lived, for the most part it was peaceful nothing really happens but that was soon going to change. Because on the other side of Ceylon was a small island that the citizens of Ceylon believed to be uninhabited but was the home of Goblins. For centuries they had lived there secluded from the world. However, one day during a war with the witches, the witches had cast a spell upon the island that slowly began to kill all of the He-Goblins and vegetation. The few surviving witches flew and fled far away for they feared what the goblins could do to them.
As the days passed the goblins grew more and more agitated, their food was becoming less and less and each day more and more the He-Goblins were dying. “If we don’t do something about this, we are all going to die,” said one of the She-Goblins. “Darn, those witches I cursed them ALL!” said another very angerly. They were all shouting at each other about their horrible situation. When suddenly they heard a loud “BANG” coming from behind. They all swiftly turned their heads towards the sound and out came the oldest and most wise She-Goblin of the island, they all bowed their heads and quietly listened to what she had to say. “After months and months of searching through the book of magic and potion after potion, I have finally found the answer to put an end to this curse,” she said, confidence radiating through her voice however with a hint of exhaustion too. The She-Goblins started cheered and began whispering among each other what could answer to end this curse. The wise Goblin spoke again “ In order to end this curse we to make a potion but the most important ingredient is the heart of a married human male that has fallen for a goblin” “Luciphen you will be tasked to go into the human world and bring back the heart of a married man back, the fate of all of us relies on you” with those last words she disappeared into the fog. Luciphen the She-Goblin was left awestruck to have relied upon such a mission.

Luciphen, flew to the city of Ceylon and landed in a dark forest and with a snap of fingers she transformed from a green scary looking goblin to a beautiful young woman with long black hair, green eyes, bright olive skin, long dark eyelashes and wore a very revealing dress. Her voice also changed from a raspy deep voice and a more gentle and sultry feminine voice. Luciphen decided to go look for her bait at the local pubs as that is where the wise Goblin had told her men liked to hang out. Luciphen flirted and used all her skills to trap a married man but the mission became harder than what she had imagined no married man had fallen for her advances and would respectfully show her their wedding ring. She was getting tired and angry at being rejected, however, she decided to go once more to a pub that she had not visited. And luck was on her side, as she flirted with a man running her fingers through his body, the male became more and more intrigued with her. They began to have a love affair and after a few days Luciphen was sure the man had fallen deeply for her, she decided it was time to take him back to the island. That night when they met in a cabin for their usual love meeting Luciphen asked the male to run away with her and leave his family at first the man reclined and said he couldn’t but lust and temptation took over him and agreed to go with her tomorrow night.

The next night when he arrived, eager to flee with the most beautiful women in town. If only he knew of what the future held for him. Through a kiss, Luciphen cast a spell on the men that made fall into a deep sleep. She quickly picked him up and turned into a large bird and began her journey back to the island. When she got back the man was still asleep, the rest of the She-Goblins gathered around cheerful to see her return. She walked over to the Wise-Goblin and put the man in front of her. Before, they could take his heart the man awoke and saw himself tied down surrounded by Goblins. Fear grew in his eyes, as he screamed for help and Luciphen for maybe she had been captured by the goblins too but was surprised when she walked up to him with no distress or fear shown upon her. He gave her a questioning look and before he could speak, she transformed back into her Goblin from before his eyes. The man was so shocked and scared that he lost all ability to speak. She came up to his ear and whispered, “Haven’t you learned to never fall for temptation now your heart will truly belong to me” the man realized what he had done but it was too late for regrets because Luciphen stuck her hands through his chest and pulled his heart out.
The potion was created with the man’s heart and poured over the heart of the island. The island grew green again with plenty of food and He- Goblins stopped dying the curse had been uplifted.




Authors note: This story was inspired by Goblin City from The Giant Crab, and Other Tales from Old India by W. H. D. Rouse. The city of Ceylon and Goblins came from this story and also the plot of how She-Goblins would lure male travels to eat them. There was many changes but a lot of the inspiration from the original story can still be seen.

Comments

  1. Hi Monica!
    You are a very captivating writer. This story was really good at capturing and holding my attention. I loved how you used a lot of descriptions for appearance of the goblins and the goblin after she transformed into a human. For the next story you write, I would focus on the exact changes in the author's note too. Ideas to talk about would be: if you changed the narrative, added dialogue or removed it, changed a character, changed the scene, or etc. I loved the writing of the story and the specific imagery. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was very well written, Monica! I really enjoyed reading your writing! I really enjoyed the detail that you put into this story. I don't have any major suggestions about this story, I just think that you should continue this writing style in your future stories, it was very captivating.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Monica!

    I really enjoyed reading your story it was very interesting to me which I love! I feel like the story line flowed really well, was simple to read, the imagine you were able to create were great! You gave me some ideas that I want to use in some of my future writing. I can not wait to see what else you write!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a Science,Travel and Hiking enthusiast!

City view of Guanajuato, Mexico Taken by me  Hello everyone!! My name is Monica Avila, I was born in Guanajuato, Mexico and moved to the U.S. when I was five, I can speak Spanish, English and a little bit of Portuguese (currently learning). I am a senior here at OU (Wow can't believe I'm saying senior time flies by so fast). I am a Health and Exercise Science major. I'll be graduating this spring, my plans so far are to take a year off and work and travel a little maybe go for masters in health promotion but I'm still not sure yet. In the future, I hope to go to grad school for physical therapy and work with either the elderly or children. I love science and learning about the human body. The way the human body works and manages to keep us alive is so amazing, learning all the mechanics of it is one of my favorite parts of my major. Therefore, some of my favorite classes have been Human Anatomy and Exercise Physiology. Christ the Redeemer in Rio de Janeiro, B

Comment Wall

Image: Sunset and Mountains  Welcome! Please leave all your comments here๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ’œ Story Book: https://sites.google.com/view/monicasstorybook/home

Week 3 Story: Love at First Sight

Wedding of Prince Rama and Princess Sita as depicted in 'The Ramayana' Image Source: Infinite Eyes in flicker I stood there for a moment staring at my reflection, my whole body embellished in the finest clothes and jewels. I still couldn't believe it, today is the day. My body was filled with nerves and excitement all at once. Suddenly a large smile adorned my face as I remembered our first encounter and the events that came after... After we successfully helped Vishvamitra win in the battle against the rakshasas, Lakshmana kept bothering me to accompany him in exploring the city. All I wanted to do was rest after the long day but after a lot of convincing I finally gave in. We were accompanied by a hermit and finally set out to explore the city of Mithila ruled by the great King Janaka. The city was beautiful and full of life and the smells from the marketplace filled our noses, we walked for a while and later made our way to  King Janaka's palace, where w