Skip to main content

Reading Notes- Part B- Elephant Girly Face


THE ELEPHANT GIRLY-FACE

Bibliography; Jataka Tales, Ellen C. Babbit, The Elephant Girly-Face

The Elephant was named Girly-Face because he was gentle, good and kind. However, one day when some robbers came in Girly-Face overheard them talking and saying "A robber must not be afraid to kill. A robber must be cruel and have no pity. He must never be good, even for a moment." when Girly-Face heard this it thought the teaching it how to behave. So after that day it became evil, mean and ruthless even killing two keepers. After, figuring out why Girly-Face was acting this way they made two nice men talk by the elephant. The men said "It is wrong to hurt anyone. It is wrong to kill. Everyone should be gentle and good."Hearing the men's conversation Girly-Face thought to herself "Now those men are teaching me," thought Girly-face. "I must be gentle and good. I must hurt no one. I must not kill anyone.". After that day she returned to her kind self again.
Whereas, I do believe that behavior is learned and the way taught and thing a person hears ultimately shapes who that person becomes. I also believe that we are all the power in us to chose our own destiny. Sometimes a person can be surrounded by bad but they decided to break that cycle and become good whereas a person can be surrounded by good things and teachings but become bad.
Image: Elephant Line Art by Karen Arnold

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a Science,Travel and Hiking enthusiast!

City view of Guanajuato, Mexico Taken by me  Hello everyone!! My name is Monica Avila, I was born in Guanajuato, Mexico and moved to the U.S. when I was five, I can speak Spanish, English and a little bit of Portuguese (currently learning). I am a senior here at OU (Wow can't believe I'm saying senior time flies by so fast). I am a Health and Exercise Science major. I'll be graduating this spring, my plans so far are to take a year off and work and travel a little maybe go for masters in health promotion but I'm still not sure yet. In the future, I hope to go to grad school for physical therapy and work with either the elderly or children. I love science and learning about the human body. The way the human body works and manages to keep us alive is so amazing, learning all the mechanics of it is one of my favorite parts of my major. Therefore, some of my favorite classes have been Human Anatomy and Exercise Physiology. Christ the Redeemer in Rio de Janeiro, B

Comment Wall

Image: Sunset and Mountains  Welcome! Please leave all your comments here๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ’œ Story Book: https://sites.google.com/view/monicasstorybook/home

Week 3 Story: Love at First Sight

Wedding of Prince Rama and Princess Sita as depicted in 'The Ramayana' Image Source: Infinite Eyes in flicker I stood there for a moment staring at my reflection, my whole body embellished in the finest clothes and jewels. I still couldn't believe it, today is the day. My body was filled with nerves and excitement all at once. Suddenly a large smile adorned my face as I remembered our first encounter and the events that came after... After we successfully helped Vishvamitra win in the battle against the rakshasas, Lakshmana kept bothering me to accompany him in exploring the city. All I wanted to do was rest after the long day but after a lot of convincing I finally gave in. We were accompanied by a hermit and finally set out to explore the city of Mithila ruled by the great King Janaka. The city was beautiful and full of life and the smells from the marketplace filled our noses, we walked for a while and later made our way to  King Janaka's palace, where w